The thyroid, which is a two-inch wing-like gland under the neck, produces all the hormones of the body. The most important of them are T3 (triiodothyronine) and T4 (thyroxine). They control the development of the body’s tissues, and convert calories and oxygen into energy.
If the thyroid does not function well, it causes either hypothyroidism (under production of hormones) or hyperthyroidism (over production of hormones).
Hypothyroidism’s symptoms include weight gain, joint pain, depression, tightness in the throat, panic attacks, vision problems, memory loss, dry skin and hair loss.
Hyperthyroidism’s symptoms include weight loss, insomnia, nervousness, mood swings, irregular heartbeat, heat intolerance and the development of a goiter (an enlarged, swollen thyroid gland).
About 40 percent of the population are at risk for these conditions.
However, the sustenance of iodine, selenium, zinc, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, will make the thyroid work properly.
These are available in thyroid supplements.
So, should you take thyroid supplements?
First, consult with your doctor to know your health condition.
Here are some top thyroid supplements:
Nature’s Sunshine Thyroid Activator
- It provides the thyroid gland with essential nutrients like fatty acids, minerals, amino acids, mineral salts and alginic acid
- Some of the ingredients were derived from Irish mosh plant, kelp, black walnut, parsley leaves and sarsaparilla root.
- Take 2 capsules with a meal three times a day
Thyromin Natural Thyroid Supplement
- It has essential oils, amino acids, minerals, potassium parsley and nutrients that support the thyroid glands
- Its essential oils prevent inflammation and help burn fat and toxins in the body
- It balances metabolism
- It has iodine, which is a key element in the production of thyroid hormones T3 and T4
Swanson Condition Thyroid Essentials
- It has an herb called Coleus forskohlii as well as vitamins and minerals that boost the body’s metabolism and helps maintain its internal temperature
Wellness Resources Thyroid Helper
- Boosts metabolism, helps manage weight, and increases energy
- No stimulants
- Safe and effective
- May be used with thyroid medication
- Increases energy and metabolism
- Promotes a clearer mind
- The kit includes a weight loss e-book and weight loss visualization audio CD
- Controls thyroid problems through Bovine Thyroid (for vegetarians) and Porcine Thyroid glandular
- Increases energy
- Does not contain harsh chemicals
- Source of ingredients does not contain antibiotics
- It combats hypothyroidism
- Contains Vitamin B-12, iodine, zinc, selenium, copper, amino acids, herbs, gelatine and cellulose
Country Life Veggie Caps
- Has multivitamins
- Has zinc, selenium, copper, amino acids, potassium, choline and aloe vera
- Certified gluten-free, certified vegetarian
- Consult your doctor prior to taking this if you are pregnant
BOOST YOUR THYROID FUNCTION
Apart from taking thyroid supplements, minimize your exposure to toxins. That includes the toxins from food such as sugar and processed oils. Manage your stress and exercise, too. If we take care of body, we will not be burdened with its dysfunctions.